Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to school Teacher's Gift!

Hello everyone! Hope you all are having a great day! This is a gift for the Teacher. I took a empty corn can and adhered foam sheet to can with hot glue gun. This is a great way to recycle some of those empty cans and create something nice for someone! My DD and I made 21 bookmarks for the can. My DD added all the stickers to the cardstock . I bought (2) packs of the stickers at the Dollar Store for $2.00. Click on any photo to enlarge!
The Teacher can used it as a pencil and pen holder when all the bookmarks are gone. This is a cute gift for the Teacher.
This photo shows all the different stickers used. I laminated all the bookmarks with the Your Story Book binder/ laminator and punched the holes with Crop-A-Dile and tied red and green ribbon through the holes on the bookmarks. Bookmark size is 2 inches by 7 inches.

Cartridge used:
Locker Talk ( book) on page #47 cut at 3 3/4 inches.

Create a Critter (worm) on page #65 cut at 2 3/4 inches.

15 comments:

  1. Judy, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity and kindness. This is a wonderful gift for the teacher and bookmarks she can give as rewards to students - how special is that? I love that idea! It would have made my sons' teachers quite happy had I been able to do that when they were little. Very nice!! Great recycling project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I'm going to save a can tonight when I make dinner. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday! :o)
    SeamsInspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy this is so cute!! Any teacher would love to have one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this. Too bad I teach Jr./Sr. High kids and don't get anything cool like this. I might need to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a great idea! Judy your are super creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, way to present a super cute gift to the teacher and recycle at the same time! Now this is something that the teacher can really use and what a charming way to store those bookmarks! Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea!! I'd love if you linked this up to my party this week at:

    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2010/08/round-tuit-11.html

    Hope you have a great week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute project. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Just stopping over from Trailing Tuesdays. I'm now a follower!

    http://www.ohsosavvymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Judy this is adorable! What a nice idea for the teacher. I hope you are doing great!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bookmarks hun! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Just wanted to let you know about my MomsReview4You Wednesday blog hop! Would love it if you would come follow me and link up!

    http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your ideas, Judy, specially because I'm a teacher! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...