Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Frankeinstein Lantern and Matching Party Favors!!

Happy Wednesday! I hope you are having a great day. I have a Halloween project to share today. This is a Frankenstein table decorations or carry around lantern. I used a plastic mayo jar to create this lantern. A plastic jar will be safe for my daughter to carry around. This project was inspired from HERE.
Here is a close up of the face. Isn't this Frankenstein so cute?
I also made some matching Frankenstein pillow boxes to go with lantern. I used the Cricut Wedding Cartridge to cut out pillow boxes.

Here is the supplies I used to create the Frankeinstein lantern. Plastic empty mayo jar, mod podge, google eyes and black felt, green glitter activity paint and flexible gauze. Small piece of red felt and green small amount of 1/4 inch black ribbon not shown in photo for face embellishment.
I punched two hole with the crop a dile so I could add green wire for a carry handle. One hole each on opposite side of plastic jar.
Paint mod podge on jar with sponge brush. I painted small section as I wrapped gauze around.
Wrap flexible gauze around jar and some around the jar cap too. I purchased my gauze at the Dollar Tree store for 1.00.
Paint green glitter activity paint on gauze.
Embellish face with black, red, green felt, google eyes and black 1/4 inch ribbon. I hand cut out black hair, nose and red piece of mouth embellishment. Add a tealight inside and that it. Here is how it looks:)
I'm linking this project here. Decorate to Celebrate Challenge #35 Halloween Party . Thank you for stopping by;)

8 comments:

  1. Judy, what a GREAT project!! I just love this idea -- Thanks so much for sharing and linking it up to the DTC challenge!! :)

    Hugs,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    PS... Not sure you're receiving my emails -- Can you drop me a line at scrapbookingwithamy@gmail.com please? Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judy:) WOW! great way to recycle and super cute projects!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!! Have a fantastic day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh! This is so adorable! What a cute idea!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this thanks for sharing and joining us over at dtc. so glad you decided to be on our design team. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute Judy. Your daughter will love carrying this around.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!...NO..Its SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this is so fabulous, Judy!! I just love how it looks...so creative and awesome!! I'm so glad to have you join us at Decorate to Celebrate!! I just returned from vacation and scrolled through all your projects I missed while I was gone. They are all fabulous as always!! I especially love the flameless candle and the chapstick and tissue holders!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...